Also referred to as abdominoplasty, a tummy tuck is a surgical procedure that flattens and reshapes your midsection. Whether you’ve lost muscle tone and gained excess fat and skin due to childbirth, or after losing a large amount of weight, a tummy tuck can give you back the flat, trim belly you once had, and help you feel confident about yourself again. If you’re looking for a tummy tuck this is the website for you.
What a Tummy Tuck Can Do for You
You can see several benefits from a tummy tuck including, but not limited to:
- a more defined waistline.
- removal of excess skin, which can help you fit into your clothing better.
- removal of some or all unsightly stretch marks caused by pregnancy or weight gain.
- removal of fat, which can not only improve your appearance, but your health.
- toned and tight abdominal muscles.
- a flat and smooth midsection.
- improved confidence and boosted self-esteem.
Who Should Consider a Tummy Tuck?
A tummy tuck is best for patients who need a large degree of correction, and for whom another procedure like liposuction won’t be enough to achieve the desired results. People pursue tummy tucks for a variety of reasons, but they all come down to a couple of important factors—you’re physically uncomfortable with your belly, and you’re unhappy with your appearance.
You may be a candidate for a tummy tuck if you:
- have stretched abdominal skin that hangs over your waistband.
- have fat on the front and sides of your abdomen that you’ve been unable to lose with exercise and a healthy diet.
- have weakened and separated abdominal muscles, either as a result of pregnancy or excessive weight gain or loss.
- are at a stable weight.
- are not planning future pregnancies.
- are in good health.
- are a non-smoker, and you don’t drink alcohol to excess.
- are emotionally and mentally prepared with realistic expectations of what a tummy tuck can accomplish.
Please remember that abdominoplasty is not intended as an alternative to weight loss, or a treatment for obesity. It’s also not a replacement for healthy eating habits and regular exercise. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle will help you maintain your tummy tuck results.